Brewster By The Sea Inn’s recipe for Blueberry Crumb Pancakes are the perfect way to get your day started.
Makes six to eight pancakes.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Plenty of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, and set aside.
- Separate the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites, just until stiff, moist peaks form.
- Combine oil, egg yolks, milk, and add this mixture to dry ingredients, stir until smooth (don’t over-stir).
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Heat electric griddle and using a small scoop, pour/place pancake batter onto hot griddle. Place blueberries on each pancake, and top with the Crumb Topping (recipe below).
- When each pancake stops bubbling, flip it and continue to cook.
- Remove pancakes from griddle when they are cooked through.
- Serve with warm, pure maple syrup.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
Blend all ingredients until crumbly.