by Elizabeth Newcomer, Innkeeper
I’d like to begin by saying “Hi!” to Cape Cod and to the Brewster by the Sea Inn & Spa guests! I’m so pleased to be joining Donna, Byron & Harrison too for what is shaping up to be a very exciting and busy time for our Cape Cod Bed & Breakfast!
Here are five fun facts about your new innkeeper:
- My name is Elizabeth Newcomer and I just moved to Brewster from Arlington, VA. Not only is my last name Newcomer, I am a newcomer to Cape Cod too!
- Cooking and being in the kitchen is a long time passion of mine and I am delighted that I will be cooking for so many people in my new role as innkeeper.
- I love exploring new areas and I’m always looking for suggestions from others! Adventure awaits!
- My favorite color is green.
- My favorite celebrity chef is Ina Garten aka the Barefoot Contessa.
This afternoon I had some free time to go out and explore and I decided, what better place to start than right across the street from Brewster by the Sea? The Bed & Breakfast is right across the street from Drummer Boy Park where the Higgins Farm Windmill is located. There are two other historic structures located in Drummer Boy Park: The Harris-Black House and The Henry Hopkins Blacksmith Shop which are open to the public Thursday to Saturday, 1pm to 4pm beginning in July through September.
It was a beautiful, crisp day in Cape Cod so I continued my adventure and walked along the trail in the park. The path lead me to the water’s edge (almost). I’m still learning about Cape Cod so it was almost high tide by the time I went out this afternoon so I couldn’t walk much further.
I walked along the rest of the path and came across the gazebo which after a quick google search, I learned that every Sunday evening July 3rd – September 4th the Brewster Band performs at 6pm. I wonder if I’ll be able to hear the music from the kitchen at Brewster by the Sea?
I look forward to sharing more Cape Cod Adventures with everyone as I experience my first summer on the Cape!